Friday, November 22, 2013

Marble Nail Art

Hey there!  Today's manicure was inspired by one of my best friends...hi Susan!  Susan has been painting her nails for as long as I've known her.  The first time I met her way back when we started high school 20 years ago (yikes!) I distinctly remember she had black nail polish on.  Back then I thought that was very strange.  Nowadays I love black nail polish and the girl that was wearing it.   We text each other pictures of our nails and last weekend she sent me a picture of a water marble she had done and one of her nails looked like real marble to me.  So, because I'm a big copycat, I was determined to try out some marble nail art.


I thought Meghan of Will Paint Nails For Food's disrupted water marble technique would work so I tried that but the hairspray/spray hand sanitizer didn't break up the polish for some unknown reason.  Mostly it just left me with a sticky table and a headache.  So I tried regular water marbling and then just massacred the floating polish with a toothpick.



For the water marbling I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out and Invisible and OPI My Vampire is Buff.  Then I added a coat of a grey jelly, Nfu Oh JS03 to fuzz out the lines a little and make it more like real marble.



I'm not sure it came out just like real marble but I liked them anyways.  Thanks for the idea Sue!

Susan and I circa 1998

'Til next time...




No comments: