Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Banksy Balloon Girl Stamping

Hey there!  Here's a nail look I did a little while ago.  I won't pretend to be even the slightest bit knowledgable about art but I do like the work of the UK graffiti artist, Banksy.  So I was super excited to see some of his art reproduced on the MoYou London Rebel -02 stamping plate.  Here's what I came up with to show off his Balloon Girl.



I wanted my base to look urban, like concrete since Banksy's work is mainly stencilled on city walls.  To do this, I used 2 coats of Zoya Dove and then distressed it using an almost dry brush with some darker greys (Color Club Muse-ical, L'Oreal Greycian Goddess and China Glaze Recycle).  After stamping with Konad Black and Red, I mattified with Essie Matte About you.  On my index and pinky I have 2 coats of Cult Nails Fetish, which has a waxy matte finish on it's own.




I'm not actually sure if Banksy's works have real titles but I've seen this one called Balloon Girl.  And on my thumb I did Kids on Gun Hills which also features a little girl holding the red heart balloon...same girl?  


What do you think of these Banksy pieces?  Are they meant to be dark or meant to be hopeful?  I don't think I'll ever be deep enough to understand but that doesn't mean I don't like them...

'Til next time...










No comments: