Friday, March 21, 2014

Camo Nail Art & OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh

Hey there!  Here's yet another green nail art post.  The fourth in a row!  This one was inspired by a couple of my curling teammates who also happen to be huge outdoorsmen.  I know there's lots of camouflage nail art out there but here's my attempt.


This one started with two coats of what might be my favourite nude nail polish, OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh.  Don't ask me what was going on on my pinkie here.  Did I forget to top coat?  Ugh!  


Then, to camo it up, I just used a dotting tool to apply a few different greens.  Easy peasy.  The lightest is Orly Coachella Dweller.  The dark green is Nubar Forest.  The olive green (which I purchased just because I wanted to do something camo-like...hello spur of the moment purchase) is OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window.  Is that the funniest or the grossest nail polish name ever?  Maybe both?  These were topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.



Here's the matte version again, using Essie Matte About You.


So which do you prefer?  Glossy or matte?  Don't you just love how using a different top coat can totally change the look of your nail polish?

'Til next time...












No comments: