Monday, April 28, 2014

Nail polishes with my name (sort of)

Hey there!  This is a post that I've been meaning to do for awhile but I've been too lazy because there's quite a few pictures.  This post is essentially me being a bit of a narcissist because these are all nail polishes that share my name (or close to it).  To justify this obsession of mine, my name is a bit uncommon so when I was a kid I could never find any of those cool things like keychains or pencils or door plaques with my name on it so now I buy all the polishes!


I have to start with my favourite because it's the one that inspired this post.  When I saw that the new brand, Superficially Colorful, had a thermochromic nail polish named Serene, I bought it the second the shop opened.  It helps that it's pretty much my favourite colour.  It a shimmery polish that shifts from a pale blue to a beautiful turquoise.  This is 3 coats.  Formula-wise I found this to be a bit thick and draggy so I added a bit of thinner and it was fixed right up.  I think it would be good in two coats now since the third coat was just to cover the bald spots.  



Here it is in it's fully warm state (though it was already changing at the tips).


And here it is in it's fully cold state.


After finding the last polish, I hit the internet and found that Avon also had a polish named Serene.  Off to Ebay I went and here it is, a mint green-blue creme.  This is 2 coats plus top coat.



The third polish is CND Vinylux, Serene Green.  This is the first polish I got with my name in it after my darling sister bought it for me.  It'll always have a special place in my heart since I used it for my Breaking Bad nails when I first started my blog in September and I'm still proud of them.  This is 2 coats plus top coat.



The next two are sort of stretching the definition of "Serene" nail polishes since they are both actually called Serenity.  The first is Picture Polish Serenity, a collaboration shade with Polished Peripherals.  This is one complicated polish.  It's a shimmery (almost foil or glass fleck-like) blue-leaning green with purple square glitter and definitely unique in my collection.  This is 2 coats plus top coat.    



And lastly, if you've made it this far, is Emily de Molly Serenity.  I shared my swatches of this one here in November but I think my photos are getting better so I thought I'd swatch it again.  This is another unique one - another blue-leaning green but this time a crelly filled with multicoloured glitter (mainly copper) of various sizes.  This is 3 coats plus a good coat of HK Girl top coat.



Here's a macro shot so you can drool over its complexity close up.


Well that is definitely enough words and photos for one day.  Thanks for sticking around and indulging my narcissism.  

'Til next time...














No comments: