Saturday, September 13, 2014

31DC2014 Day 13 - Animal Print

Hey there!  I literally just realized that it's after 9 pm here and I haven't written up the post for Day 13 of the 31 Day Challenge.  Oops!  So here it goes.  Today's prompt is "animal print".  I saw this awesome post by Chickettes for snake skin nail art and I wanted to try it.  So I called up my mom this week and asked if she had any tulle fabric (she sews, I don't) and tried it the night I picked it up from her.  But I think I stretched the holes in the fabric too far so it came out looking more like a turtle shell or giraffe than snake skin.  So it's still animal print.  I'm just not sure which animal...



For this I used OPI My Vampire is Buff (again!) and then sponged on Gosh Miss Mole, China Glaze Harvest Moon, Essie Partner In Crime and Orly Liquid Vinyl.  Here's a couple shots of it with a gloss top coat (HK Girl).



Then I added Essie Matte About You to mattify it.  As always when I matte something, I'm torn about which version I like better.  The colours look better glossy but I like the matte effect.  First world problems, I guess.




That's all for this Saturday night.  I just got home from having a couple of beers with a friend (yes, just a couple) so now it's back to working on some more 31DC2014 nail art so I don't fall behind!

'Til next time...



No comments: