Friday, September 19, 2014

31DC2014 Day 19 - Expanding Galaxies

Hey there!  Happy Friday everybody!  Day 19's 31 Day Challenge prompt is Galaxies.  Galaxy nails are seriously one of my favourite types of nail art so I was looking forward to this one.  So much so that I may have taken way too many photos of these.  After doing my galaxy nail art I decided I wanted to unleash the geek in me and turn them into Big Bang nail art (the scientific principle, not the TV show) so I used some Nail Vinyls to make them look like the galaxy was exploding/expanding.



These started with 2 coats of Zoya Carter, one of the textured Pixie Dust polishes that I've had for awhile but never got around to wearing even though it's gorgeous.  So I took pictures of it without and with HK Girl top coat.  I love how sparkly it looks with the top coat.



For the galaxy part, I sponged on white, Color Club Wicker Park, Mrs. Robinson and Eternal Beauty, Sally Hansen Pacific Blue, Milani Lavender Fizz and Zoya Charla.  There's so many colours here that you can't see them all so that might have been overkill.  Then I added a few stars using white polish.



Then, for the interesting part, I used the starburst shaped Nail Vinyls to cover part of the galaxy nail art and filled the outside with A England Camelot.  See, the universe is expanding!  




Hope you like these as much as I do!  Hopefully I'm not the only science nerd out there.

'Til next time...




No comments: