Saturday, January 31, 2015

Big Little Lies-inspired Nail Art

Hey there!  When Lindsey of Wondrously Polished started a Facebook book club called The Polished Bookworms for those of us who love nail polish AND reading I jumped at the chance to take part.  Every month we'll be reading a book voted on by the members and then, at the end of the month, posting our mani's inspired by the book.  This month's book is Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, a suspenseful fiction book.  I don't want to give anything away but, in order to explain this mani, I will say it starts with some champagne-induced bonding and has some "fizzy pink drinks" that play into the most revealing scene.



To do the fizzy pink drink nails, I did a gradient of China Glaze Spring In My Step and Picture Polish Candy and KBShimmer Beach Please.  On the other nails I used a champagne-colored base of Superficially Colourful Give Thanks (previously reviewed here).  


For the stamping on the pink nails, I used Vivid Lacquer VL-024 stamped with Give Thanks.  The champagne glasses are from Winstonia W117 (I had to make decals to add the third glass) and the champagne bottle is a decal from Bundle Monster BM-H14 with Mundo de Unas Black, Superficially Colourful Pass The Beans and Maybelline Bold Gold.


The last thing I did was matte it but I think I liked it shinier better.


While I don't think I normally would pick a suspense book like this one, there were a lot of things I liked about it so I would feel comfortable recommending it to a friend...like you guys :-)  If you've read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

'Til next time...

No comments: