Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Patterns On Patterns: Day 4 Zebra-Striped Leopard Print

Hey there!  Day 4 of the Patterns On Patterns week for The Digit-al Dozen.  I did this zebra-on-leopard stamping at the suggestion of my darling sister when I was trying to think of ideas.  She wanted pink but I had to go with turquoise (simply because I like turquoise nail polish so much more).  A few of the other girls have done some fantastic leopard/zebra combinations this week and honestly mine is bit boring compared to theirs but that's okay.  They give me something to aspire to!



The base color I used for this mani is Essie's Mint Candy Apple.  This was it at two coats.


For the leopard spots, I wanted tiny spots so the pattern wouldn't be lost under the zebra stripes so I picked this tiny patterns from Winstonia W101.  I used Mundo de Unas Fiji (#61) as the stamping color.  Don't the colors go well together?  Now that I'm looking at this photo, wow I didn't clean up well at all!


For the zebra stripes I picked a patterns off one of my first stamping plates ever, Konad m57 and used Mundo de Unas Black.  I finished with a coat of HK girl here so I wouldn't smear the stamping with the matte top coat I used afterwards.


And, finally, to matte it I used Essie Matte About You.  Usually I'm torn between liking the shiny and the matte versions of manis more but in this case I definitely preferred the matte.



Don't forget to check out the patterns on patterns that the other lovely ladies of the Digit-al Dozen have come up with for today!

'Til next time...



No comments: