Monday, February 16, 2015

UberChic Beauty Stamping Plate Review - UC 1-01

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I'm so excited for tonight's post.  I'm showing you some of the newest stamping plates on the market.  These new plates come from UberChic Beauty and, spoiler alert, they're fantastic!  I was sent all 6 of their plates to review, along with their scraper and Magic Dust (more on that will be coming in a later post).  I have spent days playing with these plates and have already come up with quite a few mani's that I adore so I've decided that I'll be sharing a mani from each plate over the next 6 days rather than just breeze over each plate in one big post.  So keep reading to see all the details on UC Plate 1-01.



Each UberChic Beauty plate measure 9.5 x 14.5 cm.  The images are the largest single images on the market with the large images measuring 17 x 21 mm.  Below I have a scan of the actual plate I received for plate 1-01.  While the images are large, almost all of these images were designed so that they can be used on smaller nails as well, without giving up on design.  Each plate contained approximately 24 full nail images and 7-20 smaller images (11 small images on plate 1-01).  Each plate has a backing so that the plate edges aren't too sharp and comes with blue cellophane so that the plates are safe from scratching during shipping.  If you'd like to see a swatch of each image, Lacquer Lockdown has a great in depth post where she stamped every image from all 6 plates.  I highly recommend taking a look at her post.



Below I scanned plate 1-01 beside an XL (top) and regular (right) MoYou London plate so you can compare the image sizes.  The XL MoYou London images measure 15 x 20 mm and the regular images measure 12 x 15 mm so the UberChic Beauty images are larger than both but only slightly larger than the MoYou London XL images.  You can imagine how, even if you have smaller nails, these images will work well for everyone.


For today's mani I did a gradient of Celestial Cosmetics Merge and Inception (both previously reviewed here) over white.  I used Mundo de Unas Black and the cool stripe pattern from UC 1-01 to see how the fine etching in this image stamped.  If you're a stamper you'll know how finicky fine lines can be.  But you can see this image stamped great.  There's some wiggles in the lines but that's because stamping straight lines is notoriously a pain in the butt, especially when you use a squishy stamper like I do.  Unfortunately I gouged my pinky nail before my top coat was dry.  Rookie mistake!  




UberChic Beauty stamping plates are available in bundles of 3 plates for $24.99 US.  Plate 1-01, shown today, can be found in Collection 1 here.  And, good news, her shipping rates just decreased to really reasonable prices of just $5 within the US and $10 for international folks, like me up here in Canada!  And you can keep up with UberChic Beauty on Facebook and Instagram.

I hope you like this post and will stay tuned this week for my mani's using the rest of these plates. 

'Til next time...


No comments: