Monday, April 13, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Childhood: Day 1 Fertilization

Hey there!  Hooray, it's another Digit-al Dozen week, my favourite and most challenging week of the month.  This month's theme is Childhood so I decided to start at the beginning (the very beginning) of childhood and work my way up this week.  Today's post started as a silly idea between me and my officemate over beer after work one Friday but I'm actually really quite proud of how they turned out, possibly because this is directly related to what I do during my day job.  Yes, I work with sperm and eggs (but not human stuff)...let the jokes begin!  



In case you can't tell, I've decided to start with sperm and an egg and fertilization, the start of it all.  I used a base of Loaded Lacquer No Shoes (3 coats) and then freehanded on the rest (except for the thumb) with acrylic paint.  I realize that the egg looks like the Death Star but that really is what an egg look like (though I may have overemphasized the pronucleus).



On the thumb, I used a cute baby stamp from Cici & Sisi -08 that I made into a decal with acrylic paints.  I don't have kids so I must find the pre-baby steps more interesting so I gave them more attention, haha!  


To matey it, I used the OPI matte top coat.  I knew this one had to end up matte so I didn't even take photos of it before the matte top coat.  


And, just for fun, here's a couple of partial photos I've taken on the microscope at work.  Turns out it's really hard to photograph sperm attacking an egg.  Those suckers are strong and move the egg all over the place!  


Now let's see what the other girls have come up with for this childhood theme.  You can check them out below!

'Til next time...



No comments: