Thursday, June 18, 2015

Color4Nail Rejuvenating Cuticle Oil and Cuticle Away Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I wanted to share my review of a couple of new products from Color4Nails.  The first is a cuticle softener and the second is a cuticle oil.  I wanted to give these a good try before posting a review for you guys so I've been using these product exclusively for the last 7 days and I'm really pleased with the results.  Keep reading to check out all my thoughts on the cuticle softener and oils.



Let me start by saying my cuticles are my nemeses.  I live in Alberta which is essentially the desert of Canada.  It can be DRY here so I rely heavily on cuticle oils and hand lotions to make my hands even close to photographable.  Alas, my cuticles are still a problem so I usually use BlueCross Cuticle Remover about once a week and on a rare occasion I even take the snippers to them *gasp*.  But I've been trying really hard to stop cutting and these products could be the answer.


website description:  "Our Hydrating Cuticle Away contains Coconut Oil, as well as Sweet Orange essential oil, to leave cuticles soft and easy to remove without cutting. Brush onto cuticle area, and then use and orange wood or cuticle pusher to gently remove excess cuticle."  4.5 mL product.

I do really like that this cuticle remover is supplied in a twist-cap brush pen.  I've never been this packaging for a cuticle remover.  It makes it easy to apply and easy to transport (I've been bringing this back and forth to work with me all week).  The substance is a milky fluid that applies and sits on the cuticle quite easily.


Since Cuticle Away contains coconut oil (a fantastic moisturizer) and coconut oil can be solid at room temperature so it does look a bit chunky in the pen but it didn't affect the application.  The other oils in it must keep it soluble enough that it's not truly solid.  


The photo below was taken on the day I received it last Thursday.  You can see that, even though I do try to maintain my cuticle health, they were still at bit ragged and overgrown.


This photo was taken last night after using Cuticle Away and the cuticle oil for a week.  Much better, don't you think?



website description:  "Our Rejuvenating Cuticle Oil comes in four fragrances-Coconut Kiwi, Pomegranate Mango, Lavender and Jasmine Rosehip, as well as an unscented version. 
Our super skin-loving formula contains Grapeseed Oil, Avocado Oil, Apricot Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Argon Oil, Vitamin E oil and fragrance and/or essential oils. Simply click the base of the pen, and brush the oil onto your cuticles and nail bed, and gently massage, to leave them feeling hydrated and refreshed.  Essential oils should not be used by pregnant woman."  4.5 mL product

I was sent the Coconut-Kiwi and Pomegrante-Mango scents.  I adore fruity sense and these were no exception.  They smell delicious!  However, they do have an unscented version for those of you who are scent-sensitive.  The application pen is the same as for Cuticle Away, with a click-twist brush.  They are larger than other cuticle oils I've purchased at 4.5 mL whereas most cuticle oil pens only contain 2 mL.  They apply like most cuticle oils do.  They don't take forever to absorb, which is nice.  In that regard I'd say they're on point with brands like KBShimmer and Bliss Kiss.


Here's a close up of my cuticles after hydrating with the Coconut-Kiwi cuticle oil.


I honestly feel like my cuticles haven't looked this good before.  They're not perfect but hopefully with continued use, they'll get even better.  I'm really hoping that they hydrate my nails enough that they stop splitting/peeling at the ends.  

Price: $8/4.5 mL pen 
Where to buy: Color4Nails website
Follow on: Facebook/Instagram

'Til next time...


No comments: