Tuesday, July 28, 2015

UberChic Beauty Love and Marriage -01 Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  What with summer being wedding season it's appropriate that UberChic Beauty has come out with a new "Love and Marriage" stamping plate.  I was sent this plate to review and it's way more versatile than just being a wedding-appropriate plate.  I used it to do three separate manis, only one of which was a typical bridal look.  Keep reading to see all the details on how I used it.




This is a scan of the plate I received.  The plate itself measures 9.5 cm x 14.5 cm with each full nail design measuring 17 mm x 21 mm.  There's also a lot of cute smaller individual designs and three larger lace images so you can create a slightly different look on every nail.


I thought the first look I did was the cutest.  I used Picture Polish Dream as a base on all but the accent nail and stamped the swirly image (second row down) with Mundo de Unas Black.  On the accent nail I used OPI Barre My Soul (so you wouldn't have to look at my yucky naked nails) and made a decal with the dress image from the top row of the plate.  I topped it with Cult Nails Wax That top coat.  You can see that even though my nails are way smaller than the full image, UberChic's designs work for almost all nail sizes.  She makes awesome designs in that regard!  



For my second mani with this plate I wanted to do something a bit sexier.  I used A England's Perceval as a base and stamped a lace pattern (from the second row of the plate) with Mundo de Unas Black and added a couple of black heart-shaped studs.  Hopefully this shows how this isn't just a typical wedding plate.  Who doesn't love sexy lace?  



And finally for a third mani, I figured I should do something wedding-like.  I used 3 coats of Essie's Vanity Fairest (it's really sheer) to create a better-than-naked base over which I stamped one of the long lace patterns with Mundo de Unas white and finished with HK Girl top coat.  You can see that none of the designs match since I used a long pattern. 



And look how well all the fine details stamp!  This was after I added another coat of Vanity Fairest and a matte top coat.  I was amazed at how none of the detail was really lost with the lace patterns.  My only critique of this plate would be that, with the super fine lace etching, a couple of the images were hard to clean so you'll have to be careful to not leave a lot of fuzzies in your plate if you use cotton balls/pads like I do.  


Price: $14.99/plate 
Available on UberChic Beauty's website

That's all for today.  I hope you found my review of this plate helpful, especially if you're looking for something for a wedding/bridal shower/bachelorette party.  

'Til next time...

No comments: