Monday, September 14, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Re-Creations: Day 1 Lisa Frank Leopard Stamping

Hey there!  This week is going to be so much fun!  This week commemorates the third anniversary of The Digit-al Dozen and to celebrate we're doing re-creations of old DD manis.  I've been a Digit-al Dozen fan since I first started following nail blogs so it was SO hard to pick just 5 manis to recreate.  I narrowed it down by picking manis from the current members since they're the amazing ladies that have been so incredibly welcoming to me in the group.  Sadly, since there's only 5 days in the week, I can't do everyone so I'm can't copycat all of my talented friends.  I think we should do this theme every month, haha!

For my first re-creation I decided to recreate this Lisa Frank mani from Kirsten (aka Geeky Owl) during Childhood week.  It also ended up being a re-creation of Jacki's (from Adventures In Acetone) Decade's mani since I used the similar stamping images as both of them so today is a two-for-one!



For these I started with a white base on all my nails.  For my thumb, index and middle finger, I sponged on pipedream polish 110 Degrees, Light of Day, On The List, High Roller, Happy Hour, and VIP Pass.  I used the same polishes for the decals on my ring and pinky fingers.


The only stamping image I had that matched Kirsten's is the leopard face from Bundle Monster BM-613.  I tried to make him match Kirsten's as best I could, right down to the purple nose and white mouth.  On my thumb/index I stamped Konad m57 (one of my first stamping plates!) and the ring/pink is Konad m78 (like Jacki used).


Of all the mani's I did for this week, I think this is my favourite - not only because of the awesome girls I was copying but because I love neons (which is sort of ironic considering Kirsten isn't a neon lover...luckily she's witty and came up with her own funny take on Neon week).


Check out the other Re-creations that the rest of the girls have done today but clicking the links below.  So far the ones I've seen are freakin' incredible!  

'Til next time...



No comments: