Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Autumn – Day 4 Canadian Geese

Hey there!  For my fourth day of The Digit-al Dozen’s Autumn Week I used a couple of inspirations – first, a blanket that my mom and sister made for me and second, our Canadian wildlife that we get to see twice a year.  Seeing the Canadian geese flying south for the winter is one of the first true signs of fall.  It always makes me sad but I know we’ll see them again in the spring!




Like I said my mom and sister made me a patchwork quilt and it is perfect for autumn.  I cuddled up with it the entire past weekend at the cabin (it was chilly).  They chose a Canadiana theme with lots of maple leaves and moose and beavers.  There’s no geese on the blanket but I thought they still went well with the overall look.


For these I used 2 coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff and then used the Saran Wrap technique over it with Zoya Flynn.  I then used Canadian Nail Fanatic's custom plate from Fig Tree Stamps and stamped some distressed looking maple leaves with Mundo de Unas Red.  


Over the leaves, I applied decals (made with Mundo de Unas Black and Caramel) and stamped the geese in their V formation in black.  To finish it I matte'ed it with OPI’s matte top coat. 



That’s all for today.  You can see what the others have used for their Autumn inspiration in the links below.

'Til next time...

No comments: