Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Nail Hereos - @kimiko7878

Hey there!  It's time for Day 3 of The Digit-al Dozen's Nail Heroes week.  For today I did a mani inspired by the first nail hero of mine that I was able to meet, @kimiko7878 on Instagram.  Kim is not only a hand painting nail art queen but she lives in my city!  I met her when she picked up some polishes in town that I was hunting for and couldn't find and she is seriously as sweet as can be.  I've tried mimicking her skills before but failed miserably.  I'm happy with how these turned out though!



First of all, you can see Kim's original mani here but while you're there, check out some of her other nail art.  Her florals are to die for.  Honestly, so if everything else.  I could gush for days about how much I love her painting skills.  I tried to find a relatively simple floral to copy and it still pales in comparison.    


For mine I used A England Camelot as my base.  I could honestly do a nail hero post about just Camelot...it's easily my favourite black.  I don't even know how many bottles of it I've gone through.  Over Camelot, I added white dots of KBShimmer Eyes White Open (my white equivalent of Camelot with regards to how many bottles I've gone through).  


Then I painted the roses and leaves with acrylic paint and finished with Hit The Bottle Satin Finish top coat.  


That's all for today.  Tomorrow I should have a post celebrating three more nail heroes and, if it all works out, I'll get to meet one of them next week.  So exciting!  For now, you can see what/who my Digit-al Dozen friends are honouring today.  There's some good ones!  

'Til next time...



No comments: