Friday, March 4, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Pastel

Hey there!  I'm back!  I was on vacation to New Orleans last week and into this week and clearly didn't schedule enough posts.  I had thought I'd find time to write some while I was there but stupidly didn't realize that having fun with my London friend (who I never get to see, seeing as I live in Canada) was going to take precedent...silly me.  So it's a week later but I'm returning with a new 40 Great Nail Art Ideas post.  This week we're all doing pastel manis and I had the personal prompt of "pattern on pattern" (always a tough one for me).  I ended up doing some spring flower stamping over a striped mani, both gradiented with pastel colors.  It is like a pastel rainbow!



To start these, I used a white base of Pure Ice Superstar! and then used the uneven lines stencils from Vinyl Boutique for the stripes.  I did a gradient over the stencils of China Glaze Lemon Fizz, American Apparel Summer Peach and Trust Fund Beauty I’m Kind of A Big Deal.



For the pattern on top of the striped pattern, I used some flowers from Bundle Monster BM-XL203 (designed with the lovely Colores de Carol).  I did the gradient stamping with Mundo de Unas Velvet, Sky Blue and Lemon Tree.



I have to say I'm happy to be home, and back on my blog, after a great vacation.  The only bad part was the travel.  I landed in a tornado in New Orleans and then got stuck in Toronto overnight in a snowstorm.  

Now, if you're also in the mood for some spring-colored nails, you can see everyone else's pastel manis in the links below.

'Til next time...

No comments: