Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Bundle Monster Festival Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  How's everyone doing today?  Today I have another stamping plate review for you guys to have a look at.  This is one of Bundle Monster's newest stamping plate sets, Festival, just in time for a summer of music festivals.  I have to say that this is my favourite set that Bundle Monster has come up with in quite awhile.  Even though I haven't gone to a music festival in years and I'm old enough to not "get" some of the images on these plates, I love this set anyway...that's saying a lot!  I guess is appeals to the hippy, nature nut in me.  



Below are the scans of the plates I received from the Festival Collection.  These ten plates are 5.5 x 5.5 cm.  The mix of image styles is just outstanding -  dreamcatchers, tribal, hipster, geometric, buffet and text, all in one set.  


I started with the dreamcatchers.  Despite having purchased my first real dreamcatcher over 20 years ago, I had yet to put them down on my nails so here we go.  I did a gradient base with Orly Vintage and Freestyle that I then stamped with BM-S301 and Mundo de Unas White and matted with Essie Matte About You.  I was about to say this was my favourite so far but I really like them all so that would have been dishonest.  



For my second look, I went with the oh-so-popular rose gold with Cirque Halcyon.  The stamped nails are Color Club French Tip stamped with BM-S308 and Essie Penny Talk.  This one was pretty!



I wanted to include a macro of these to show how amazingly the super fine details in these flowers stamped.  Tell me that's not impressive!  


For the third look, I used two coats of Deborah Lippmann Xanadu over black.  I thought this shifty foily color would look good as the night sky.  BM-S306 might be my favourite plate in this collection.  I can never pass up a star-filled sky with a pretty tree line.  Very Emily did a stunning mani with this plate (you should check her review out here).  I stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and White.  There's a bit of space between the trees and the stars so I missed out on a lot of constellation so next time I'm going to stamp them separately to bring them closer together.  




My last mani is a throwback to the real hippie days and their swirly colors, be it from tie-dye or hallucinogenic pharmaceuticals, haha!  I did a dry marble using Love & Beauty Neon Yellow, Orange, Green, Pink and Purple and applied them over a white base.  Then I stamped the VW van and Hippie from BM-S305 with Mundo de Unas White.  



The decals were a bit thick and hard to apply but totally worth it, don't you think?  This couldn't be a more perfect hippie mani for me!  


So there's my thoughts on this Festival collection.  It's an absolutely favourite of mine and so are some of these looks that I did with it.  If you're patient, there should be another one coming next week in The Digit-al Dozen's theme.  If you're interested in this set the price info and Bundle Monster links can be found below.  

$14.99/set of 10 plates
$2.49/individual plate

'Til next time...


No comments: