Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Celestial Cosmetics Rainbows & Unicorns Swatches and Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have swatches of Celestial Cosmetics' new collection, Unicorns and Rainbows, currently available at Color4Nails.  These five shades were recently released and, in all honesty, the collection couldn't have a better name.  These are all holographic polishes (hence the rainbows part of the collection name) and, with the exception of Unicorn Fields, they're all pastel and shimmery and have an ethereal feel that really does feel like a world unicorns would live in.  Now, let 's get to all the details...


I really like this collection.  It's nice and light and airy - great shades for this time of year.  Four of the five polishes in this collection had a pearl or metallic feel in addition to the holo.  The holographic effect isn't blinding in these but they do have lovely linear rainbows.  The fifth shade is a best green holo I have, perfect for summer.  Since they are holos and I was swatching during daylight hours, I did take outdoor photos (rare for me).  I haven't fully figured out the best settings for my camera in sunlight so the outdoor colors are a bit off so go by the lightbox photos for color accuracy.  I just wanted to include the sunlight photos to show off the holo.  


Cakes & Rainbows - Cool or neutral Gold, not a yellow-y gold.  It has a bit of a pearl finish so I was careful to avoid brushstrokes. 3 coats but 2 was sufficient.  This is the only swatch that I used top coat with (HK Girl) because I wanted to see if the top coat diminished the holo, which it didn't.  

Cake & Rainbows lightbox

Cake & Rainbows macro
Cake & Rainbows sunlight

Farting Rainbows - Pale cornflower blue with pink or lilac sheen.  This one is also a bit pearl-y.  I absolutely love this polish and my photos don't do it justice.  The almost duochrome sheen mixed with the holo really is magical. 2 coats.  

Farting Rainbows lightbox
Farting Rainbows macro
Farting Rainbows sunlight

Rainbows & Unicorns Unite - Pale silvery lavender.  This one is more silver on nail than in the bottle.  Like Farting Rainbows, it has a tiny bit of color shift (pale pale green) and it is also pretty magical.  2 coats. 

Rainbows & Unicorns Unite light box

Rainbows & Unicorns Unite macro
Rainbows & Unicorns Unite sunlight

Snow unicorn - Pale silver grey.  This one is a silver version of Cake & Rainbows so it is also a bit pearly (even moreso than Cake & Rainbows) so I felt like brushstrokes were a risk.  I do love silvers so I wore this one for 3 days on its own (that NEVER happens, especially without nail art).  3 coats.  

Snow Unicorn light box
Snow Unicorn macro
Snow Unicorn sunlight
Unicorn Fields - Vibrant grass green.  This one is the outlier that I mentioned earlier.  It's bright color doesn’t seem to fit with the subdued colors of others but we can't have the unicorns roaming without a bright green field to do it in.  Thanks to the brighter color, this is the most opaque out of the collection.  The outdoor photos are definitely darker than it appeared in real life.  2 coats.    

Unicorn Fields light box
Unicorn Fields macro
Unicorn Fields sunlight
Celestial Cosmetics is an Australian indie brand that I've really come to love.  The polishes are 3-free and handmade and available at Color4Nails. 

$10.50/13 mL bottle
Available at Color4Nails

'Til next time...




No comments: