Tuesday, September 27, 2016

HPB Presents Glitter Toppers

Hey there!  The Hobby Polish Bloggers is a Facebook group full of folks like me who like nail polish so much that they feel the need to blog about it.  Every month we have a little link up for anyone who feels like participating.  This month our theme is Glitter Topper which gave me a good excuse to reach into those poor Helmer drawer that rarely see the light of day.  I had so much fun with the first glitter topper that I used that I ended up doing two manis to go with the theme, both inspired by nail ladies I admire a ton.


The first mani I did was with Formula X's TNT.  Canadian Nail Fanatic posted this mani with it over a year ago that I've always loved so I was inspired by use this glitter for the theme.  It looks so sharp over black.  So I used a base of A England Camelot and then used TNT on the middle two nails.  


I stamped the white roses with Marianne Nails 60 and the other nails with Marianne Nails 63.  At first I tried to use Mundo de Unas Iris like she did but I must have a different batch because it didn't match at all so I went with Blue instead.  Not perfect but better...


For my second glitter topper, I used Cirque Lullaby.  I wanted to do something that showed the glitter more, without stamping so I did a glitter gradient.  After seeing this post from Nailistayco I knew grey would make a good base color so I used KBShimmer My Life's Porpoise.  


I sponged on Lullaby in a glitter gradient, smoothed it out with HK Girl and made it matte with KBShimmer's Oh Matte!  Isn't it a pretty combination?  


Thanks for stopping by today.  I'd love to hear which of these glitter topper designs you like better.  Do you also not give your glitters enough love?  You can see the rest of the glitter topper manis from the group down below.

'Til next time...



No comments: