Friday, November 18, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Color Contrasts/Nail Crazies Unite does Fall Foliage

Hey there!  Hooray, my new plates from Clear Jelly Stamper were waiting for me when I got home last night so I could re-do my red/green Digit-al Dozen mani combined with Nail Crazies Unite prompt of Fall Foliage.  I had done one with vinyls (I'll post a pic at the end) but it looked sloppy.  I had ordered CJS's Sunflower & Leaves plate and it came just in time for me to whip these up last night.  It's a rare occasion that I'm posting on the internet what it currently on my hands.  Sadly I did not manage to avoid the Christmas-feel with the red and green.  I should've known better than to pair them with gold!



The other day I realized I wasn't even sure how a leaf in the middle of turning looked...is there ever red and green on one leaf?  Then that night, as I was leaving work, I noticed there were still leaves on some little trees outside the building and there was green and red together!  Those leaves had red and the edges and green in the middle but that didn't really work for my nails since none of my reds would stamp over green.  


For my base color I used a pale gold holo, Celestial Cosmetics Cakes and Rainbows (still available on Color4Nails).


For the stamping, I used two Clear Jelly Stamper plates.  The other day, Debbie from CJS offered to send me a few stamping polishes to try and asked if I wanted to buy any plates while she was shipping.  I jumped on Sunflower & Leaves (CJS-26) to specifically include in today's mani.  I also included some leaves from the Renaissance Rose plate (CJS-05).  Here's a scan of the plate I received.  Some of the really fine parts (the upper layer) were a bit finicky but, other than that, the plate is lovely.  


The stamping was done with Mundo de Unas Red then Green then Black and finished with HK Girl.



And, as promised, here's the my first attempt with the leaf Snail Vinyls.  It ended up less Christmas-y than the ones I ended up using but a tad messy.  And speckled with more of that darn silver chrome powder that infected me.  


That's it for the final Color Contrast day and for this week's Nail Crazies prompt.  There should be plenty of pretty designs down below from the girls in both groups for you to check out.  

'Til next time...


No comments: