Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Throwback - Throwback Polish

Hey there!  For today's Digit-al Dozen Throwback mani I went with a polish type that we don't see much of anymore - crackle polish!  Remember when this was all the rage?  I have seen some recent-ish nail art done with crackle polish and it looks great but I don't think this will ever get as popular as it once was.  But it works amazingly in this Halloween look I did, inspired by this YouTube video.



For mine I used Moonflower Polish Dia, Verde and Violetta (previously reviewed here) in a gradient.  They're really my favourite gradient polishes since they're so opaque.  


Then I added the Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat called Ink Splatter.  It gives a nice eerie background for the cute ghost from UberChic Beauty Halloween 03 (reviewed here) that I stamped with Dia.


The only other thing added to these were some small white studs and some HK Girl top coat.  I really like the final look here but I'm still not sure it's enough for this polish to make it back into regular rotation. 


Check out some more throwback manis from the rest of the group in the links below.  Give them some love <3

'Til next time...



No comments: