Thursday, November 16, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Futuristic: Marvel's Nebula

Hey there!  Today's Digit-al Dozen post was inspired when I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2 not so long ago (I'm not a big movie buff so I rarely see anything when it's super new).  When I was watching it, I kept thinking that Nebula's markings were really cool and could make great nail art.  I wrote it down as an idea for this month's Futuristic theme since, like I've been saying all week, apparently when I think futuristic, I think of space.  I'm not sure this actually turned out anything like Nebula but it still looks sort of futuristic-like, right?



For anything who isn't well-versed in superhero movies, here's a photo of the character that inspired me.  She's a gorgeous mix of blue and purple and metallic gold.  

image source
For my nails I used a couple metallic polishes, Layla Titanium Sky and Purple Diva.  As with all metallic polishes, they're a bit finicky but I'm surprised all my imperfections didn't show up even more than they did.  



I drew on the lines with Sinful Colors Black On Black and then Moyra Foil Gel in black.  I used Moyra's gold foil over that to try to make it really metallic looking.  


Lastly I filled in a few bits with Essie Good as Gold.  Compared to the foil, this practically looks matte.  There really isn't anything as shiny as foils, eh?  


That's all for today.  I'm happy to see I haven't been the only one inspired by futuristic movies this week.  For the rest of the group's Day 4 designs, check out the links below.  They're worth reading about, trust me!

'Til next time...



No comments: